Testing available through Gaining Health Naturally
Pathology & Functional Testing
“Investing in your health is your best Prevention”
During your first initial consultation testing may be recommended to uncover underlying aspects to your health concerns. Karen interprets these and reports the findings to you in subsequent appointments. Here she will discuss the outcomes and the most appropriate way to handle this and in this way consultations are very much an individualised process with the aim to improve your overall health and to prevent further disease. She may recommend specific functional tests or a visit to your doctor to have blood tests carried out.
Functional testing and/or Genetic profiling may further enhance your treatment through uncovering aspects that are underlying or hidden. Functional testing available is many and varied. Here is a list of some that are available:
- Functional Pathology Blood Testing
- MTHFR Testing – Check your enzymatic deficiency that influences your methylation and energy pathways, a simple test!
- Genetic Profiling including a full report provided of mutations or SNP’s that may have a potential to cause concern for your health
- Hormonal Endocrinology Testing – uncovers your adrenal stress & fatigue, obesity profiles, thyroid function
- Female & Male Sex Hormonal Testing assessing peri menopause, hormonal imbalances, fertility issues
- The Mauve Factor (kryptopyrrole) – analyses the level of HPL, a neurotoxic substance found in several mental disorders
- Comprehensive Stool Analyses – determines the presence of bacteria, yeasts and parasites that may interfere in proper digestive, absorptive and metabolic function
- Food Sensitivity Testing – IgG, IgA, IgE and combination panels for food intolerances and environmental sensitivities.
- Fatty Acid Profiles – Fatty acid balance that may interfere with inflammatory status, neurological function
- Urine Analysis – determines many hormonal factors and iodine status
- Hair Mineral Analysis – Heavy Metal Testing that may interfere with digestive function, mental health, sensitivities and energy.
- Blood Glucose Testing – maintaining blood glucose is crucial for maintaining balance in the body.
- Blood Pressure – carried out in clinic
Cost of testing varies and is available during consultation.
Tests carried out in clinic that help to form a rounded picture of your health concerns
- Iridology – Provides information of potential leaky gut and permeability
- Digestive Questionnaires – Provide invaluable information on digestive quality
- Food Sensitivity Testing – These tests are many and varied. They are used to check your IgE & IgG food intolerances
- IgA Testing – Checks your Intestinal Status determining possible permeability
- Complete Diagnostic Stool Analysis – provides details of the varieties of pathogens, parasites and fungi present. These tests vary however it is recommended to obtain a full detail though CDSA4
- Adrenocortex profile – Non-invasive saliva test that serves as a reliable marker of stress response and a critical tool for revealing adrenal imbalances
- GAPS Protocol’s – Intensive gut healing treatment plans to health leaky gut and balance beneficial gut bacteria
MTHFR TESTING – Options for testing
Purchase your MTHFR Test Kit from Gaining Health Naturally
MTHFR is a simple check swab or it can be a blood test. Order your test kit here:
Getting started and tested
- Purchase the test kit from Gaining Health Naturally and the test kit will be sent to you. Once the testing result has returned to Gaining Health Naturally, we will contact you (takes between 2-3 weeks).
- Contact your local doctor and ask them for a referral to get the MTHFR gene mutation tested. This is a simple blood test and you do not need to fast for this. This test is performed all around Australia and New Zealand. Your doctor may not be aware of this testing and therefore may decide you don’t need it. If this is the case, a test kit can be purchased from Gaining Health Naturally here.
Genetic Health Profiling – See also Blog on MTHFR
Genetic Profiling Assessments- 23andme and Fitgenes testing are available to complete your genetic health screening. Please note this is not family heritage screening it is purely around your health. Once you have your results you can call to make an appointment and order a genetic testing interpretation Ph: 0400836254 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The interpretation of the results involves hours of preparation and interpretation in line with what you are currently presenting with. How do you do this. Test with the various companies and Gaining Health Naturally can interpret and provide you with an easy to read, genetic report. This report shows you exactly which areas of your health you need to focus on and is tailor made to what is occurring in your life. Several genes are tested, the results interpreted, reports given and at least 3 follow up consultations are needed to ensure the best approach for you.
Testing is not included in the consultation cost. Skype and phone consultations are available for this service.